Job: Line Lead (NEENAH, WI)
This is a hands on role in which you will oversee and do all warehouse activities including pick/pack, inventory control, shipping and receiving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Lay the ground rules for safety within the designated perimeters of the product line, or physically allotted area
- Handle inventory management duties to ensure that stock within the designated line is available and ready for picking
- Create and maintain stock levels and provide feedback to supervisors regarding low stock issues
- Receive picking and packing orders, organize work by reviewing production plan requirements and select the most appropriate warehouse worker to handle it
- Assist warehouse workers in locating, picking and packing items according to work orders
- Meets production requirements by organizing work, following and enforcing productivity, quality, cost, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; developing staff.
- Improves quality results by identifying process improvement opportunities; implementing changes.
- Ascertain that all tags and labels are properly affixed on packaged items and that all information on them is in accordance to the product and its specifications
- Oversee the packaging and delivery of packed products to the delivery pallet and create associated paperwork
- Ascertain that all shipments are properly and carefully loaded onto the delivery truck – provide input in stacking items safely
- Supervise warehouse staff to ensure that all safety protocols are being taken into account when performing work duties
- Keeps production flowing by following equipment operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns and reporting need for repairs to supervisor
- Operate pallet jacks and forklifts to assist in transporting heavy or large items from storage areas to delivery pallets
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must be OSHA Forklift Certified.
- Strong communication skills to respond to situations in a prompt and professional manner.
- Must be highly organized.
- Good listening and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to carry out instructions verbal and written.
- Must be familiar with current software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to work in multiple systems and ability to input and retrieve data.
- Energetic and highly motivated to succeed.