This is a hands on role in which you will oversee and do all warehouse activities including pick/pack, inventory control, shipping and receiving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Lay the ground rules for safety within the designated perimeters of the product line, or physically allotted area
• Handle inventory management duties to ensure that stock within the designated line is available and ready for picking
• Create and maintain stock levels and provide feedback to supervisors regarding low stock issues
• Receive picking and packing orders, organize work by reviewing production plan requirements and select the most appropriate warehouse worker to handle it
• Assist warehouse workers in locating, picking and packing items according to work orders
• Meets production requirements by organizing work, following and enforcing productivity, quality, cost, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; developing staff.
• Improves quality results by identifying process improvement opportunities; implementing changes.
• Ascertain that all tags and labels are properly affixed on packaged items and that all information on them is in accordance to the product and its specifications
• Oversee the packaging and delivery of packed products to the delivery pallet and create associated paperwork
• Ascertain that all shipments are properly and carefully loaded onto the delivery truck – provide input in stacking items safely
• Supervise warehouse staff to ensure that all safety protocols are being taken into account when performing work duties
• Keeps production flowing by following equipment operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns and reporting need for repairs to supervisor
• Operate pallet jacks and forklifts to assist in transporting heavy or large items from storage areas to delivery pallets
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Must be OSHA Forklift Certified.
• Strong communication skills to respond to situations in a prompt and professional manner.
• Must be highly organized.
• Good listening and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to carry out instructions verbal and written.
• Must be familiar with current software packages such as Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to work in multiple systems and ability to input and retrieve data.
• Energetic and highly motivated to succeed.